|country living, via|
Have you ever noticed that we forget how awful it is to be sick until it happens again? When you've got the flu, people expect that you'll be snuggled in bed, catching up on emails and reading good books. Um, no.
On the same note, I never seem to be prepared for illness. Sick days are the times when you least want to go to the drugstore, so why not have some supplies on hand?
In light of this, I thought I'd share some of my "sick day essentials." Stock up and thank me later.
1. Comfy basics, especially a snuggly blanket. I'm a huge believer that soft bedding will change your life. (hoodie, j.crew. socks, brooks brothers. blanket, target.)
2. Your favorite meds. NyQuil is the best thing to happen to sick people since sliced bread (that's not just an expression -- toast is awesome when you're queasy). I'm also a big fan of Traditional Medicinals teas; I went through two entire boxes last week.
3. Little luxuries. Feeling like death is no reason to keep your apartment smelling like it, so why not light a relaxing candle? I also really wish I'd had a humidifier for my cough and skin. Definitely purchasing one soon!
4. Entertainment, like a stock of quality shows to catch up on. Amazon has a Video on Demand service that's great for current titles.
5. Secret weapons: Neosporin + Bag Balm for chapped lips and noses. I swear by it. (drugstore.com)
Anything I missed? Have any secret weapons of your own?