Here are some of my favorite ways to feel happy and healthy:
1. Send a card. It takes about five minutes to change someone's day! You grandma would love a card. So would your mom, your old college roommate, and your newly-engaged bestie.
|ink meets paper|
2. Devote an entire day to being healthy. Remind yourself how awesome it feels to be good to your body. For 24 hours, plan a menu for all three meals and stick to it (have you seen this Food Lover's Cleanse?). Stay hydrated. Go to yoga. Skip TV and head to bed early. Ahhhh.
3. Change something in your home. It doesn't have to be big! Buy yourself fresh flowers. Replace an old picture frame with one you actually like. Recover your throw pillows or find the perfect shower curtain. Amazing rooms don't just happen, they evolve.
4. Do some cleaning. If you don't have time to organize a whole closet, pick one drawer. Re-arrange a bookshelf. Throw out expired makeup and hair products.
5. Start a blog. I can't recommend it enough!